What is OnePetro?
OnePetro is an online library of technical literature for the oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) industry. With contributions from 20 publishing partners and providing access to over 200,000 items, OnePetro.org is the definitive resource on upstream oil and gas.
Access to OnePetro is available to the general public and its technical content can be obtained online through individual purchase or subscription. Subscription information can be found here.
- Extensive body of knowledge. The most comprehensive resource available on upstream oil and gas.
- Multi-organizational library. OnePetro technical content comes from 21 publishing contributors.
- Cloud-based hosting. OnePetro stores and makes available the items you should have access to at all times.
- Familiar, user-friendly search. Basic and advanced search options make it easy to find and browse the content you need.
- Mobile friendly viewing. 24/7 access to OnePetro on all mobile devices.
Who is Responsible for OnePetro?
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) uses its resources and technology to operate OnePetro on behalf of its publishing partners. SPE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to collect, disseminate, and exchange technical knowledge concerning the exploration, development and production of oil and gas resources and related technologies for the public benefit and to provide opportunities for petroleum engineering professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence.