Correction of Gas Volumes for Compressibility and Temperature
- Albert D. Brokaw (Brokaw, Dixon & McKee)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Journal of Petroleum Technology
- Publication Date
- September 1949
- Document Type
- Journal Paper
- 248 - 250
- 1949. Original copyright American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. Copyright has expired.
- 4.1.5 Processing Equipment, 4.1.2 Separation and Treating, 4.6 Natural Gas, 5.7 Reserves Evaluation
- 4 in the last 30 days
- 370 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
The accompanying charts are presented to extend and improve a chartpublished under the title "A Chart to Provide Approximate Correction forTemperature and Deviation from Boyle's Law.'' The applicability of this earlierchart was limited by the fact that it was based on the work of Burke and Keyesand Kvalnes and Gaddy whose experiments were conducted with pure methane, theadjustments suggested for natural gases of higher specific gravity wereunsatisfactory except within limited ranges of temperatures and pressures, andprecise interpolation was difficult.
The extensive work of G. G. Brown, D. L. Katz and their associates on theheavier natural gases has provided better bases for the needed corrections, andthe present charts, which are based largely on their work, are intended tosimplify the computations involved.
The design of the charts has been changed by plotting temperatures as afunction of pressure and correction factor, on a semilogarithmic or"ratio" grid, which gives fairly even spacing of the graphs andsimplifies interpolation. Charts have been prepared for natural gas withspecific gravities of .60, .65, .70, .75 and .80.
|File Size||342 KB||Number of Pages||3|