Intelligent Automation of Mature Field Development Process: Case Study From the Romashkinskoe Field Block
- Victor Zubarev (Tatneft OAO) | Alexey Bespalov (Tatneft OAO) | Bulat Zakiev (Tatneft OAO) | Vladimir Fadeev (Tatneft OAO) | Airat Rakhmanov (Tatneft OAO)
- Document ID
- World Petroleum Congress
- 21st World Petroleum Congress, 15-19 June, Moscow, Russia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2014. World Petroleum Council
- 1 in the last 30 days
- 109 since 2007
- Show more detail
Digital Field technology has become the standard for green field development in the industry and brown fields are only in the progress toward it. OAO TATNEFT started intelligent automation pilot on the 3 block of Berezov sector in November 2009. It is a marginal field and has been under development since 1962. At start of the project overriding objectives were to stimulate production and reduce OPEX. For this purpose in the scope of the project were included:
- tracers injection and reservoir simulation;
- pressure transient analysis of data from permanent downhole gauges;
- automation of production wells and crosswell water injection system;
- intrawell water separation;
- renewable energy usage for injection well control equipment.
Intelligent automation of mature field development process allowed to achieve following results:
- exploration rate of field was maintained on the same level;
- number of current workovers were reduced by 54 %;
- formation pressure was increased by 4,9 % and watercut decreased by 4,3 % with an injection rate maintained on the same level.
The case study in this paper addresses results of 3 years experiment, challenges we faced with and distinguishing features of brown field intelligent automation strategy.
The Romashkino Field is discovered in 1948. It is the largest oil field of Volga-Ural Basin and second largest in Russia. Since its commissioning, the Romashkino field had produced over 15 billion barrels of oil. ?lthough it’s a mature oilfield OAO Tatneft maintain production the same level (~113,96 million bbl/year)for many years and even increase production by 0,5 – 2 % annually. The Company has a high innovative technical potential modernizing production processes through development and application of new equipment and EOR methods (22,8% production through application of tertiary EOR methods).
Information technologies over the last decade has made a significant shift in development unlike oil production technologies. This is why it is important to use their potential in increasing of oil production efficiency. Nowadays numerous project of intelligent automation started worldwide.
|File Size||428 KB||Number of Pages||11|