Establishment and Application of New Supervisor Management System
- Shaohui Zhang (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Guoqiang Bi (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Wenhua Yu (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Shu Yang (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Shuai Wang (CNOOC Research Institute Ltd.) | Zhenguo Gao (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Xing Zhao (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Yongke Lv (PetroChina Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration & Development) | Yang Liu (Daqing Oilfield Co. Ltd.)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE International Conference and Exhibition on Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability, 27-31 July, Virtual
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2020. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 7 Management and Information, 6 Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility, 2.2 Installation and Completion Operations, 7.2.1 Risk, Uncertainty and Risk Assessment, 6.1.5 Human Resources, Competence and Training, 7.2 Risk Management and Decision-Making, 5.8.2 Shale Gas, 6.1 HSSE & Social Responsibility Management, 2.2 Installation and Completion Operations, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics, 6.3 Safety, 5.8 Unconventional and Complex Reservoirs
- supervisor team, supervisor management system, key projects, supervisor information management platform, supervising specifications and standards
- 3 in the last 30 days
- 28 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
In recent years, with increasing difficulties of petroleum exploration and production, the risks of engineering quality, safety and environmental protection have increased significantly. As the supervisors are important guarantees for the engineering quality and production safety, higher requirements are put forward for supervisor management. How to further improve the level of supervisor management is the key problem in the process of petroleum exploration and production.
Considering the current situation of supervisor management and the development goals of CNPC, a new supervisor management system has been established innovatively. The new supervisor management system regards engineering design, supervisor, petroleum exploration and production as a whole. The establishment and implementation of the system are carried out from the following four aspects, including optimizing supervisor management organizations and regulations, improving the quality of supervisor team, strengthening supervisor management of key projects, and building supervisor information management platform.
First of all, the supervisor management organizations and regulations are optimized. The authority and responsibilities of the supervisor management organizations in headquarters and all sixteen oilfields of CNPC have been formulated. The supervising specifications and standards in different majors are established. Secondly, the comprehensive quality of the supervisor team has been improved. The management of supervisor certificate has been strengthened, and the quantitative supervisor evaluation criteria have been laid down. Thirdly, the supervisor management and supervising work in key projects of CNPC has been strengthened. The key supervising projects in CNPC have been put forward, mainly including the risk exploration well drilling and completion, the shale gas productivity construction, the tight oil productivity construction, the gas storage well drilling and completion, etc. Finally, the supervisor information management platform is being built. The top-level design of supervisor information management platform has been finished, including supervisor human resources management system, drilling and completion engineering dynamic analysis system for risk exploration wells, production supervision management system and key projects supervision management system. The supervisor human resources management system has been developed, and the other three systems are under development.
The establishment and implementation of new supervisor management system can realize three combinations, which are professional combination, team combination and technology combination, and can promote two transformations, which are the transformation from supervisor individual behavior to team behavior, and the transformation from supervisor fragmental data application to systematic and intelligent data application. Meanwhile, a high-level and high-quality supervisor team has been cultivated, the supervisor management efficiency has been improved, and the standardization and informatization of supervisor management are gradually been realized.
This study provides new ideas and methods for the supervisor management, which can effectively guide the supervisor management in CNPC, and ultimately promote the supervisor management to a new level.
|File Size||897 KB||Number of Pages||11|
Peter McAteer, Klisthenis Dimitriadis, Charlie Taylor, et al. 2016. I Industry Initiative – Testing, Certification & Training of Drilling Supervisors to Improve Safety and Performance. IADC/SPE Drilling Conference and Exhibition, Fort Worth, Texas, USA, 1-3 March. SPE-178845-MS. https://doi.org/10.2118/178845-MS.
Patrick Hudson, Margot Vuijk, Suzanne Croes, et al. 2004. Improving the Quality of Supervision in the Workplace. SPE International Conference on Health, Safety, and Environment in Oil and Gas Exploration and Production, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 29-31 March. SPE-86759-MS. https://doi.org/10.2118/86759-MS.
Shaohui Zhang, Shuai Wang, Ling Wang, et al. 2017. Supervisor Performance Assessment Method Based on AHP. SPE/IATMI Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, Jakarta, Indonesia, 17-19 October. SPE-186878-MS. https://doi.org/10.2118/186878-MS.