Development of Psychological Readiness for Oil and Gas Work in the Arctic Conditions
- Yana Korneeva (Northern Arctic Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov) | Natalia Simonova (Moscow State University named after M.V. Lomonosov) | Anna Yurjeva (Northern Arctic Federal University named after M.V. Lomonosov)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Symposium: Asia Pacific Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility, 23-24 April, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 6 Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility, 6.1 HSSE & Social Responsibility Management, 6.1.5 Human Resources, Competence and Training, 6.3 Safety
- psychological competence, dangerous situations, oil and gas workers, psychological training, psychological readiness
- 0 in the last 30 days
- 40 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 5.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 28.00|
The study was carried out with the financial support of the grant of the President of the Russian Federation for state support of young Russian scientists - candidates of science (MK- 6409.2018.6). The extraction of oil, gas and other natural resources is carried out in the extreme natural and climatic conditions of the Far North and the Arctic, which causes additional difficulties in their development and ensuring the safety of the production process. People adapt differently to such conditions in different ways, which makes it necessary to take this into account when building a personnel management and labor protection system. The research aim is the development and approbation of technologies for the development of psychological readiness for shift work in the Arctic conditions for students of the Higher School of Energy, Oil and Gas to improve their adaptability, efficiency, safety and satisfaction with their work.
As methods, there were psychological training and active forms of training, as well as questionnaires, interviews and psychological testing of students. The result of this work is the developed and approved program of trainings of students of the Higher School of Energy, Oil and Gas to improve their psychological competencies. Our presentation will show the experience of training both young specialists working on the oil and gas fields, as well as students of the senior courses for a number of psychological competencies. These include: the ability to solve complex and non-standard situations during the shift period (not only professional, but also household), the development of stress resistance, increased communication skills, a change in attitude towards one's activities, increased responsibility for safety at production facilities, etc. All technologies are presented in the form of trainings and practical exercises. The presentation will also present a project for the implementation of an out- of-school scientific and practical school for students "Work on the Shift: Success and Health".
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||11|
Boytsova A.V., Simonova N.N. Facilitation of psychological readiness for shift work in the conditions of the Far North at the stage of professional training. Proceedings of the international scientific conference of students, graduate students and young scientists "Psychology and the modern world". 2013.