Plug and Abandonment Procedures for Onshore Wells and the Utilization of Reserved Abandonment and Site Restoration ASR Funds
- Afriandi Eka Prasetya (SKK Migas) | Rakhmahwidiati Rakhmahwidiati (SKK Migas) | Ronald Daniel Pangihutan Hutabarat (SKK Migas)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE Symposium: Decommissioning and Abandonment, 3-4 December, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 2.10 Well Integrity, 7.2 Risk Management and Decision-Making, 1.6.12 Plugging and Abandonment, 7 Management and Information, 2 Well completion, 3 Production and Well Operations, 1.6 Drilling Operations, 6.5.6 Remediation and Land Reclamation, 1.6.11 Plugging and Abandonment, 7.2.1 Risk, Uncertainty and Risk Assessment
- abandonment funds, plug and abandonment, procedures
- 7 in the last 30 days
- 127 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
Provide an overview of the procedures for abandoning onshore wells, backgrounds and technical requirements as a reference. Provide an overview of the utilization of reserved abandonment and site restoration funds to finance the abandonment of the wells.
Plugging and abandoning the well is done when it has not more potential on productivity, has a well integrity problem, and is at risk of theft and the environment. Procedures undertaken to obtain approval for the closure of the well. The technical review of abandoning of the well refers to recognized national and international standards. Discuss some possible innovations to obtain more effective way in troubleshooting or to replace some procedures that are not possible to be followed. Reserved ASR funds disbursement procedures to pay for work. Challenges to speed up the process of disbursement of funds.
Following standard procedures requires considerable attention and impacts on costs to be incurred. Disbursing ASR funds that have been reserved to pay for the work is not as easy as the established procedure. Several suggestions for improvements are made to speed work approval and disbursement of funds.
Well abandonment procedures have been standardized, but submission procedures and ASR disbursement submissions are necessary for every operator to know. This paper provides an important guide for operators to submit P&A proposals and fund disbursements.
|File Size||694 KB||Number of Pages||6|
Badan Pelaksana Kegiatan Usaha Hulu Minyak dan Gas Bumi (BPMIGAS). (2010). Abandonment and Site Restoration (Pedoman Tata Kerja Nomor 040/PTK/XI/2010). Retrieved from https://skkmigas.go.id/images/upload/file/2016/10/15-PTK-040-2010-Abandonment-and-Site-Restoration.pdf
Prasetya, A. E., & Herputra, S. A. (2016, October 25). Well Abandonment Project and Recommendation for Applying Activity Based Cost/Earn Value Management. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/182441-MS
Satuan Kerja Khusus Pelaksana Kegiatan Usaha Hulu Minyak dan Gas Bumi (SKK Migas). (2018). Abandonment and Site Restoration (ASR) Revisi 01 (Pedoman Tata Kerja Nomor: PTK-040/SKKMA0000/2018/S0). Retrieved from https://skkmigas.go.id/images/upload/file/2018/09/PTK_040_2018_Abandonment_and_Sit.%2001.pdf