Successful Optimization of Steam Flooding Pilot Test Project in Sudanese Oil Field Fula North East - Block 6
- M. F. Rdwan (Ministry of Petroleum & Gas/University of Khartoum) | H. A. Elbaloula (Petro-Energy E&P Co Ltd) | G. Erpeng (China Natl. Petroleum Corp.) | A. F. Shahin (Sudapet Co Ltd) | H. A. Mohammed (Sudapet Co Ltd) | A. Fidial (SUDAPET)
- Document ID
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- SPE EOR Conference at Oil and Gas West Asia, 26-28 March, Muscat, Oman
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2018. Society of Petroleum Engineers
- 1.6 Drilling Operations, 5.5.8 History Matching, 2.2 Installation and Completion Operations, 5.5 Reservoir Simulation, 5.4.6 Thermal Methods, 2.2.2 Perforating, 2.1.3 Completion Equipment, 5 Reservoir Desciption & Dynamics, 2 Well completion, 1.6.10 Running and Setting Casing
- Steam Flooding, Enhanced Oil Recovery EOR, FNE, Sudanese Oil fields
- 2 in the last 30 days
- 102 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 8.50|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 25.00|
Steam flooding is acontinues steam injection heats a large portion of the reservoir while reducing oil viscosity and achieves the most efficient heavy oil recovery.
FNE oil field started production since 2009. In 2010 a pilot Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) was implemented and showed double oil production incremental. Then full field Cyclic Steam Stimulation (CSS) was carried out, in September 2015 steam flooding pilot project was started with obvious increament.
In this paper, an evaluation and optimization are made for the pilot test project in line with design, implementation, and production performance of the steam flooding pilot test in Fula North East.
This paper will present the results from a study that done using advanced thermal software simulator on a sector model that extracted from FNE full field model, pilot area coverage 4 injectors and 9 producers. History matching and optimization was carried out along with perforation interval, steam intensity, steam quality and production rate. Optimum run case was determined among different sensitivity runs.
The results show that oil production performance of steam flooding had significant effect on enhancing oil production. Oil rate increased from 715.66 to 1733.8 BOPD and clear water cut dwindled. After the optimization of steam injection parameters and perforation intervals observable increment in production was achieved, oil production rate increased from 966 to 1160 BOPD and clear water cut decreased.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||15|
Cheng Zan, Desheng Ma,Hongzhuang Wang, Xiuluan Xiuluan Li, JiaGuo (RIPED)Minzhi Li, Hang Jiang, Jian Luo. Experimental and Simulation Studies of Steam Flooding Process in Shallow, Thin Extra-Heavy Oil Reservoirs..doi.org/10.2118/131942-MS
Computer Modeling Group (2013) "CMG Products" online: [www.cmgl.ca].
Husham Elbaloula, | HaoPengxiang, Talal Elammas, Fahmi Alwad, Mosab Rdwan | Mustafa Abdelsalam,Tagwa Musa Designing and Implementation of the First Steam Flooding Pilot Test in Sudanese Oil And Africa, dx.doi.org/10.2118/182790-MS.
Tarek Ahmed (1946) "Reservoir Engineering Handbook / second edition", http://www.bh.com (United State).
Zhang Xia, Zhang Xialin.Optimization Study of Production-Injection Ratio for Steam Flooding dx.doi.org/10.2523/IPTC-16458-MS.