Using magnetic analytic signals and curvatures in multi upward-continued heights to invert the boundary depth and structural index
- Han Song (State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology, Tongji University, Shanghai, China) | Peng Yu (State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology, Tongji University, Shanghai, China) | Chongjin Zhao (State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology, Tongji University, Shanghai, China) | Luolei Zhang (State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology, Tongji University, Shanghai, China)
- Document ID
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- SEG International Exposition and Annual Meeting, 15-20 September, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Inversion, Continuation, Boundary conditions, 3D, Edge detection
- 1 in the last 30 days
- 1 since 2007
- Show more detail
We have presented a new method for interpretation of 3D magnetic anomaly, which can simultaneously determine the depth and source geometry of magnetic anomaly bodies without any prior information. This method is an inversion iteration process. Based on the equation of buried depth and structure index of the magnetic anomaly body and analytic signal of the magnetic field, we use the upward continuation method to obtain multi upward-continued data and get a set of over-determined equations about depth and structure index. The steepest descent method is used to obtain the least squares solution of the equation system and obtain the depth and structural index. The feasibility and stability of our method are demonstrated on synthetic data. Compared with traditional methods, the results obtained by this method are more accurate.
Presentation Date: Monday, September 16, 2019
Session Start Time: 1:50 PM
Presentation Time: 3:30 PM
Location: Poster Station 1
Presentation Type: Poster
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||5|
Salem,A., andD.Ravat,2003,A combined analytic signal and Euler method (AN-EUL) for automatic interpretation of magnetic data:Geophysics,68,1952–1961,doi:10.1190/1.1635049.
Salem,A.,D.Ravat,R.Smith, andK.Ushijima,2005,Interpretation of magnetic data using an enhanced local wavenumber (ELW) method:Geophysics,70,no.2,L7–L12,doi:10.1190/1.1884828.
Salm,A.,S.Williarm,D.Fairhead,D.Ravat,2008,Interpertation of magnetic data using tilt-angle derivatives:Geophysics,73,no.1,L1–L10,doi:10.1190/1.2799992.
Nabighian,M. N.,1972,The analytic signal of two-dimensional magnetic bodies with polygonal cross-section: Its properties and use for automated anomaly interpretation:Geophysics,37,507–517,doi:10.1190/1.1440276.
Salem,A.,D.Ravat,M. F.Mushayandebvu, andK.Ushijma,2004,Linearized least -squares method for interpretation of potential-field data from sources of simple geometry:Geophysics,69,783–788,doi:10.1190/1.1759464.
Hansen,R. O., andE.de Ridder,2006,Linear feature analysis for aeromagnetic data:Geophysics,71,no.6,L61–L67,doi:10.1190/1.2357831.