Deepwater sub-salt carbonate reef reservoir prediction in Santos Basin, Brazil
- Xingda Tian (The Unconventional Natural Gas Institute, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China, and State Key Laboratory of Petroleum Resources and Prospecting, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China) | Handong Huang (The Unconventional Natural Gas Institute, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China, and State Key Laboratory of Petroleum Resources and Prospecting, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China) | Yaneng Luo (The Unconventional Natural Gas Institute, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China, and State Key Laboratory of Petroleum Resources and Prospecting, China University of Petroleum, Beijing, China)
- Document ID
- Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- SEG International Exposition and Annual Meeting, 15-20 September, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Prestack, Inversion, Multiparameter, High-resolution, Carbonate
- 5 in the last 30 days
- 5 since 2007
- Show more detail
The complex deepwater sub-salt carbonate reef reservoir has a great potential of exploration and development, while the overlying thick salt layer leads to low resolution of sub-salt seismic data, which makes the reservoir prediction difficulty. In this study we explore a high-resolution prestack wide-angle inversion algorithm by using the Zoeppritz equations and performs multi-parameter inversion. Based on Taylor’s expansion, the objective function of the three parameters of prestack is obtained. Then the construction of the Jacobian matrix under the accurate Zoeppritz equation is deduced. Finally, the rock physical constraints are added to make the consistency of the three parameters inversion better. Through the simultaneous inversion of P-wave velocity, S-wave velocity, and density by using prestack wide-angle seismic data, combined with parameter optimization, the sub-salt carbonate reef reservoir in the Santos Basin of Brazil was successfully predicted. It is proved that this method has a good application and promotion value in the prediction of sub-salt carbonate reservoirs.
Presentation Date: Monday, September 16, 2019
Session Start Time: 1:50 PM
Presentation Time: 3:30 PM
Presentation Type: Oral
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||5|
Gallardo,L. A.,S. L.Fontes,M. A.Meju,M. P.Buonora, andP. P.de Lugao,2012,Robust geophysical integration through structure-coupled joint inversion and multispectral fusion of seismic reflection, magnetotelluric, magnetic, and gravity images: Example from Santos Basin, offshore Brazil:Geophysics,77,no.5,B237–B251,doi:10.1190/geo2011-0394.1.
Cainelli,C., andW. U.Mohriak,1999,General evolution of the eastern Brazilian continental margin:The Leading Edge,18,no.7,800–805, doi:10.1190/1.1438387.
Loureiro,A.,A.Afilhado,L.Matias,M.Moulin, andD.Aslanian,2016,Monte Carlo approach to assess the uncertainty of wide-angle layered models: Application to the Santos Basin, Brazil:Tectonophysics,683,286–307,doi:10.1016/j.tecto.2016.05.040.
Huang,H.,S.Yuan,Y.Zhang,J.Zeng, andW.Mu,2016,Use of nonlinear chaos inversion in predicting deep thin lithologic hydrocarbon reservoirs: A case study from the Tazhong oil field of the Tarim Basin, China:Geophysics,81,no.6,B221–B234,doi:10.1190/geo2015-0705.1.