A Case Study in Production Enhancement through Installation of Optimum Artificial Lift Technology
- Sharafat Ali (Mari Petroleum Company Limited) | Sandeep Kumar (Mari Petroleum Company Limited) | Shuaib Ahmed Kalwar (Weatherford Oil Tools Middle East Ltd Pakistan)
- Document ID
- Offshore Technology Conference
- Offshore Technology Conference Brasil, 29-31 October, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. Offshore Technology Conference
- ALS Screening, Production Decline, Optimum Artificial Lift Technology, Gas Lift System, Production Enhancement
- 3 in the last 30 days
- 95 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
This paper describes the selection of artificial lift system and its completion equipment for Halini X1. The well was initially tested at an average rate of 1,750 BOPD, with 26-degree API gravity and produced gas at 1.27 MMscfd. It was observed that production was at continuous decline due to natural depletion of reservoir. Therefore, a multiphase flow nodal analysis simulation was conducted for the selection and designing of Artificial lift technology.
The high gas content of the reservoir fluid, deep reservoir zone, and adequate bottom hole pressure of Halini X1 favored gas lift to be more suitable option as compared to other ALS methods in technical and economic terms. Simulation results showed that the natural flow will diminish as the reservoir pressure declined below 3,000 psig and water cut would increase to 15%. Based on simulation results, Gas lift was designed and recommended to change tubing size from 3-1/2-inch to 4-1/2-inch for improving the production to an additional 300 BPD.
As per the design, gas lift was installed through workover job. During gas lift injection, different choke sizes were operated at different injection rates to produce the well with smooth decline of production parameters. Hence, gas lift increased the life expediency of the well over natural flowing period and lead to higher recovery of production.
Currently, Halini X1 on gas lift produces at an average rate of 550 BOPD by injecting gas at the rate of 2.0 MMscfd with injection pressure of 1,250 psig, and a choke size of 64/64-inch.
|File Size||1 MB||Number of Pages||14|