Mature Field Revitalisation: An Integrated, Rapid, Collaborative Approach for Candidate Selection and Reservoir Optimization
- Khairul Akmal Mazzlan (PETRONAS) | Mabel Pei Chuen Chia (PETRONAS) | Muhammad Tamin (PETRONAS) | M Azri B A Tugimin (PETRONAS) | Ali Al-Amani Azlan (PETRONAS) | Lester Tugung Michael (Schlumberger) | Willem Sepulveda (Schlumberger) | Juan L. Cortez V. (Schlumberger) | Muzahidin Muhamed Salim (Schlumberger) | Sanggeetha Kalidas (Schlumberger) | Nathanael Vui Kit Chan (Schlumberger) | Shripad Biniwale (Schlumberger) | Feroney Serbini (Schlumberger) | Azahari Mohd Arifin (Schlumberger) | Tina Lee Ting Tan (Schlumberger) | Karen Ying Chiao Tee (Schlumberger)
- Document ID
- International Petroleum Technology Conference
- International Petroleum Technology Conference, 26-28 March, Beijing, China
- Publication Date
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- 2019. International Petroleum Technology Conference
- 3.5.1 Candidate Selection, 7.6.1 Knowledge Management, 3.5 Well Intervention, 3 Production and Well Operations, 7 Management and Information, 7.1.5 Portfolio Analysis, Management and Optimization, 7.1 Asset and Portfolio Management
- RAPID Process, Production Optimization, Integrated Operations, Candidate Selection, Brown Field
- 4 in the last 30 days
- 121 since 2007
- Show more detail
- View rights & permissions
|SPE Member Price:||USD 7.00|
|SPE Non-Member Price:||USD 23.00|
‘S’ field is a mature oilfield located offshore Sabah, Malaysia. As part of the redevelopment plan, ‘S’ field was the first field selected for an end-to-end asset management Integrated Operations (IO project) where multiple workflows have been implemented for the asset operation optimization through monitoring and surveillance. One of the exclusive workflow that will be further elaborated in this paper is on Candidate Selection and Reservoir Optimization.
Although field optimization mission was ongoing, proper knowledge capture and standardization of such techniques were not adequate due to the limited data management. Lack of decision-support mechanism and most importantly the challenge was of understanding and analysing the asset performance. A key to the success of field and reservoir optimization is defining a tailored approach, for selection of right candidate and collaborative decision for well/field intervention.
With an objective of full field revitalization, the project was focused on integrated, collaborative 3R approach – Reliability, Reusability and Repeatability. Reliability component was based on capturing knowledge from experienced professionals from various domains and blending that with traditionally proven analytical techniques. Reusability was emphasized by the development of consistent and robust analysis workflows ready to use. Repeatability was aiming at standardizing the process of candidate selection and decision making to assist junior engineers.
|File Size||2 MB||Number of Pages||14|
Setiawan, T., Ghazali, R. B., PETRONAS; Granados, L. P., Sepulveda, W., Chandrakalatharan, J., Zubbir, A. U., … & Yildiz, R.Schlumberger. "Samarang Well Intervention Performance Evaluation for Production Enhancement Portfolio." IADC/SPE 180689 presented at IADC/SPE Asia Pacific Drilling Technology Conference, Singapore, 22-24 August 2016.